1.21.2010

Style in Faulkner Country



Coming to the South, more specifically Mississippi, I never thought I'd encounter anything resembling innovative style. Classic and refined, yes. Modern and eclectic, never. After watching Gone With the Wind and reading The Sound and the Fury, I was convinced that I was venturing into ancient territory full of hoop skirts and overalls.

You can imagine my surprise when I walked on the square in Oxford and found many a fashionista. The style here is both fresh and classic! People bring their own touch to things and are always poised.

After being an Oxford resident for close to five years, I'm dying to share the amazingly artistic, chic and intellectual side of the South with everyone else!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...