6.07.2010

Aubrey Wingo, Stylish Girl Numero Deux


I am totally on a roll with this little "stylish boys and girls series" and am so very pleased to introduce my second interviewee, miss Aubrey Wingo.  



(stylin with her shades and her iphizzle)

Occupation: Full-time student, part-time Hustler

Favorite Place to shop in Oxford: The Goodwill

Favorite Restaurant in Oxford: Ajax


Favorite City: "New Orleans, baby"

Favorite Magazine: Interview. "I love the photography. And I love Andy Warhol."

Favorite Book: The Awakening by Kate Chopin

Favorite Artist: "Picasso, Monet, Kahlo...God, there are so many! I love folk art too. There's Woodie, this folk artist from Alabama...he died last year. He did these amazing murals about life in the South."


(Aubrey with Frida in the MOMA)

Who or what inspires your style?: "Everything really: music, art, things from indigenous cultures. I'm also into a very vampy look. I have been since I was little, when I fell in love with my Cleopatra costume from dance class. I loved 'I Dream of Jeannie'. And I definitely like organic looks with mobility--I prefer a flowier look to harsh lines."


(nothing harsh with this maven)

What are your top 5 fashion must-haves?:

1) A little black dress. Preferably a halter or something that highlights the neck and shoulders.
2) Jeggings.
3) Rings. "I always wear 2-5 rings."
4) Mini skirts for the summer time.
5) Super-tall equestrian style boots.

What are your top 5 beauty must-haves?:

1) Frederic Fekkai Olive Oil Shampoo and Conditioner
2) Philosophy's Amazing Grace body lotion
3) Loreal Telescopic Very Black Mascara
4) Michael Kors Leg Shine
5) Creed's Love in White perfume

Quotation to Live by:

"When you arise in the morning, think of what a precious pleasure it is to be alive - to breathe, to think, to enjoy, to love."

-Marcus Aurelius

Isn't she awesome?? I'm so lucky to have such a stylish and intelligent batch of friends like Miss Aubrey and Dorothy Jean! Hope you guys enjoyed this installment-- I extended the interview a bit! Look forward to a few more on the way in the near future....


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...