3.09.2010

Laissez Les Bons Temps Rouler


One of the greatest things about living in Oxford and going to Ole Miss is that I've had so many opportunites to head down to New Orleans. It's definitely in the top 5 of my favorite cities list. My great-grandfather was born in the back of a bar on Bourbon Street in the French Quarter, and I suppose my love of the Crescent City was then written in stone. 



I love the atmosphere, the cemeteries, the architecture, the people, the Mardi Gras, the food, the art, the music....I could go on. New Orleans has this magical feel to it, and it's no wonder so many people have written amazing stories about the city.

Some amazing people have come from The Big Easy, including:


Ellen. And yes, I did try to find the creepiest picture of her possible. 



Harry...you handsome devil, you!


Truman Capote, the ultimate eccentric himself. He wrote countless good stories and books, including my favorite, Music for Chameleons, which has greatly contributed to my love affair with New Orleans.


This is Genevieve Jones. Super-cool New Orleans native and now New York fashionista who I obsessively stalk via style.com


Like so many other NOLA-born people, she's got a knack for design, and has her own jewelry line. Check it out here.

Other influentials from NO: Lil Wayne, Kate Chopin, John Kennedy Toole, Emeril (duh), the Manning family, and all the rest of the Saints, not to mention countless other badass people. 

If you haven't had the chance to visit, I strongly suggest you head down there (you can even do volunteer work like Brangelina!). I'm definitely planning a trip in the near future. Those beignets are calling my name....

1 comment:

Z said...

excellent post miss cece!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...