7.13.2010

Summer Reading


My mom's house is full of books....



With a mother like mine (an English teacher) and an imagination like mine, I love to read, especially in the summer. I like to arrange my pile of summer reading and get through the whole thing by September. This year, I'm keeping it light light light! 


I'm currently ten pages into my first selection, Chic Savages by John Fairchild, and so far it's very sassy which of course I love.


Bonfire of the Vanities by Tom Wolfe. I've started it a hundred times but just can't seem to finish! I'm determined to do it this year.


Wendy Wasserstein's Elements of Style, which observes Post-9/11 New York City from various points of view. And don't you love that cover??


And last but not least, Music for Chameleons by my dear friend Truman Capote. It's my favorite book and even though I've read it many times it never gets old. 

What are you guys reading this summer? Any recommendations to add to my rather superficial reading list? 

xoxo

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...