7.04.2013

The Prairie




You may remember this post about Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic B&B, "The Prairie" in Round Top, Texas. Well, when I was there a couple of weeks ago I had the pleasure of taking a look around! It is a wonderful place for a quiet getaway: picturesque views, cozy as could be, and of course, decorated to Shabby Chic perfection. There was a wedding taking place that day so I wasn't able to tour any of the guest rooms, but I was able to browse quite a bit. If you're ever in Round Top I highly recommend heading over for a walk around the grounds. And of course, a peek into the store they have on the property! I picked up a few goodies there myself. 


The main office, dining area and super-chic lounge.




A fabulous vignette in the big barn.




Another corner in the big barn.




Wouldn't you love to curl up here all day?




This sofa was about as big as a king-sized bed.




I fell in love with this chandelier. I've seen plenty like it, but those tiny pink pleated shades make a fabulous statement.




This guy watches over the dining area.




Love the relaxed look of the slipcovered barstools. They'd be perfect in a family kitchen too.




The prettiest seating area outside.




The gorgeous view from the back door.




A matelaisse/white denim sofa inside the Shabby Chic shop.



Pillows on pillows on pillows in the shop.




A pretty piece of art in the shop -- we've got one just like it at home!




My finds of the day: Shabby Chic extra-long matches, silver hearts on leather, and a silver-plated bowl from a store down the road from the Prairie.


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...