5.17.2010

Miss Hicks


As you may remember from this post forever ago, I decided to interview some of my stylish pals around Oxford about their looks and lifestyle. Part Proust Questionnaire, part my questionnaire. And I'm happy to say I finally got around to doing it! 

First on the list: Dorothy Jean Hicks, one of my BFFs and everyone's favorite local style icon. 


Occupation: Full-time sales associate at Cicada Boutique on the square; Hostess with the Mostest at Boure Restaurant.

Hometown: Greenwood, MS

Favorite Place to Shop in Oxford: Cicada, of course!

Favorite Hotel: The Shore Club in Miami

(the hopping pool at The Shore Club)

Favorite City: South Beach!

(DJ, Cat, Ashley and myself in South Beach two years ago for DJ's 21st)

Favorite Book: Bless Your Heart, Tramp, and Other Southern Endearments by Celia Rivenbark

Favorite Magazine: Ocean Drive

Who or what inspires your style?: "Eva Longoria. With her, it's glamour all day every day, whether she is picking up groceries or walking the red carpet."

(a very glamorous Dorothy Jean with her parents)

What are your Top 5 fashion must-haves?: 

1) Anything that sparkles.
2) Animal print (currently I am into python prints).
3) A great pair of Jimmy Choos or Manolos (when I have a little juice on my Visa card)!
4) Pretty pink lip gloss.
5) Sweet-smelling perfume (I enjoy Flowerbomb by Viktor and Rolf, Peony by Stella in Two, and even some Fantasy by Britney Spears!)

Quotation to Live by: 

"Sometimes, when everything is going wrong, the best thing you can do is take a nap"

Well said little DJ! This girl is full of style, wisdom and sparkles. When we were roommates, she curled my hair and covered my in body glitter for my Gamma Chi interview and I swear that's how I got it! From her love of Nightmare on Elm Street to Lil Kim, Miss Hicks knows what's up. Stop by Cicada for some shopping and some style advice!



1 comment:

Alexander said...

I love this. Can I be next? Haha.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...